What We Do
SUMMER CAMPS | LEADERSHIP TRAINING | YEAR ROUND RETREATS
Something extraordinary happens when campers and guests slip away from the regular rhythm and routine of the hustle and bustle of their lives to visit Bayside.While difficult to describe, it’ll be impossible to forget the difference even the shortest stay will have in their lives as guests discover the story of God’s amazing love.
Bayside is a Christian camp and retreat centre conveniently close to Halifax. An ideal vacation destination for families of all sizes and stages looking for family-friendly getaways with greater purpose. Encouraging first steps in a life-long journey with Jesus; next steps that follow him obediently; and, servant leadership exemplifying his compassion and concern for others, Bayside will strive to produce inviting environments for guests to grow in their faith by offering camps, retreats, and conferences for all ages at a level of excellence unparalleled in Atlantic Canada.
FIRST STEPS. NEXT STEPS. SERVANT LEADERSHIP.
Why We Exist
“To glorify God
by creating inviting environments
that enable people to know Jesus Christ
and grow in their relationship with him
through life-impacting experiences.”
inviting environments, life-impacting experiences
“Be an innovative ministry
and influential partner in our community,
striving for excellence in all that we do
in order to further the work of Jesus Christ”
innovative, influential partner
Christ at the Center
“For in Him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him” Colossians 1:15-16
Everything Bayside will strive to accomplish will centre around Christ. He will be the starting point of all endeavours and efforts. With Christ firmly fixed at the centre of the ministry, serving guests well will be an expression of love, not simply an obligation.
The Bible as our Guide
“All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work” 2 Timothy 3:16-17
The Bible is Gods captured word to us and carries the weight of His authority. We believe that God knows what is best for us and so His book will be the source of our wisdom, the source of our teachings and the guide for how we conduct ourselves.
Team Oriented Ministry
“Be completely humble and gentle, be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit just as you were called to one hope when you were called;” Ephesians 4: 2-4
We have been created to serve in community, together more can be accomplished. We are committed to partnering, supporting and valuing each and our local churches to further the Kingdom impact of Bayside.
Pursuit of Excellence
“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for your human masters” Colossians 3: 23
God’s reputation is on the line and so we cannot afford to settle for “good enough”. Having experienced his grace and love we will pursue excellence in all endeavours, giving our all for His names sake.
“For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many” Mark 10:45
Godly leaders mature, discovering better and more effective ways of influencing the world around them. We are committed to growing, seeking out new and fresh ways of serving. We are committed to leading by example so that we can shape established and emerging leaders of the highest capacity.
Reaching the lost
Camp and retreat ministries are one of the best tools our culture has for evangelism. As an organization it is our responsibility to use the assets and resources that we have to realize the full redemptive potential that we have to offer. God is at work, changing lives through camp and retreat experiences an we want to be a part of what He is doing.
Investing in emerging and established leaders
Camp is a place where young leaders have opportunities to grow in a supportive community. It can also be a place where experienced leaders are refreshed and renewed through retreat experiences. Our priority is to create experiences that encourage and foster growth in leadership.
Partnership with the local church
Camp and retreat experiences are a powerful tool, however we are but one piece of the body. In order to realize the full redemptive potential of Bayside our priority is to foster united partnerships with local church communities in order to further the impact of ministry in our region.
Sustainability through stewardship
The property and resources of Bayside are a blessing, and require Godly stewardship. Our priority is to build sustainable business models built on Biblical principles in order to see the redemptive potential of Bayside managed with integrity and responsibility.
Authentic welcoming relationships
We are committed to being a welcoming place for people of all walks of life. It is our priority to extend grace wherever possible in order to cultivate and maintain healthy relationships.
What We Believe
God's gospel originates in and expresses the wondrous perfections of the eternal, triune God.
1. We believe in one God, Creator of all things, holy, infinitely perfect, and eternally existing in a loving unity of three equally divine Persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Having limitless knowledge and sovereign power, God has graciously purposed from eternity to redeem a people for Himself and to make all things new for His own glory.
God's gospel is authoritatively revealed in the Scriptures.
2. We believe that God has spoken in the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, through the words of human authors. As the verbally inspired Word of God, the Bible is without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for salvation, and the ultimate authority by which every realm of human knowledge and endeavour should be judged. Therefore, it is to be believed in all that it teaches, obeyed in all that it requires, and trusted in all that it promises.
God's gospel alone addresses our deepest need.
3. We believe that God created Adam and Eve in His image, but they sinned when tempted by Satan. In union with Adam, human beings are sinners by nature and by choice, alienated from God, and under His wrath. Only through God's saving work in Jesus Christ can we be rescued, reconciled and renewed.
God's gospel is made known supremely in the Person of Jesus Christ.
4. We believe that Jesus Christ is God incarnate, fully God and fully man, one Person in two natures. Jesus—Israel's promised Messiah. He lived a sinless life, was crucified under Pontius Pilate, arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven and sits at the right hand of God the Father as our High Priest and Advocate.
God's gospel is accomplished through the work of Christ.
5. We believe that Jesus Christ, as our representative and substitute, shed His blood on the cross as the perfect, all-sufficient sacrifice for our sins. His atoning death and victorious resurrection constitute the only ground for salvation.
God's gospel is applied by the power of the Holy Spirit.
6. We believe that the Holy Spirit, in all that He does, glorifies the Lord Jesus Christ. He convicts the world of its guilt. He regenerates sinners, and in Him they are baptized into union with Christ and adopted as heirs in the family of God. He also indwells, illuminates, guides, equips and empowers believers for Christ-like living and service.
God's gospel is now embodied in the new community called the church.
7. We believe that the true church comprises all who have been justified by God's grace through faith alone in Christ alone. They are united by the Holy Spirit in the body of Christ, of which He is the Head.
God's gospel compels us to Christ-like living and witness to the world.
8. We believe that God's justifying grace must not be separated from His sanctifying power and purpose. God commands us to love Him supremely and others sacrificially, and to live out our faith with care for one another, compassion toward the poor and justice for the oppressed. With God's Word, the Spirit's power, and fervent prayer in Christ's name, we are to combat the spiritual forces of evil. In obedience to Christ's commission, we are to make disciples among all people, always bearing witness to the gospel in word and deed.
God's gospel will be brought to fulfillment by the Lord Himself at the end of this age.
9. We believe in the personal, bodily and glorious return of our Lord Jesus Christ with His holy angels when He will bring His kingdom to fulfillment and exercise His role as Judge of all. This coming of Christ, at a time known only to God, demands constant expectancy and, as our blessed hope, motivates the believer to godly living, sacrificial service and energetic mission.
God's gospel requires a response that has eternal consequences.
10. We believe that God commands everyone everywhere to believe the gospel by turning to Him in repentance and receiving the Lord Jesus Christ.